5 Jobs Hiring in New Orleans Right Now
Although the weather outside has everyone moving on the slower side, hiring is full speed ahead in New Orleans. We have several clients and partners that have openings, and we rounded up a few of these opportunities from these incredible organizations.
1. Community Outreach & Student Entrepreneurship Manager, Tulane Hillel
The Tulane Hillel redefined what a College Hillel could be, so much so that Stanford, Towson, Princeton, and other schools have come to New Orleans to learn from their best practices. Join their team as a Community Outreach and Student Entrepreneurship Manager, focusing on community outreach & organizing, mentorship, and event planning & marketing.
To apply, please send a customized resume and cover letter to Liza Sherman, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com. Applicants should send a single document with cover letter and resume saved jointly in one word or PDF file, which should be titled with their first & last names, as follows: “First Name Last Name Hillel Manager”. Application materials should particularly emphasize background/experience in working with individuals/groups to bring projects/ideas from start-phase to execution. No phone calls please!
2. Director of Development, Foundation for Science and Mathematics Education
The Foundation for Science and Mathematics Education is rapidly growing and looking for a Director of Development to join their team. This is the independently incorporated foundation behind SciHigh, rated one of the best five schools in the state of Louisiana and the recent recipient of a $35 million dollar building in the New Orleans Bio-Med district. The Director of Development will promote the work of SciHigh, work with the board to create both a short and long-term strategic plan, and shape branding and marketing initiatives.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and any supporting information to Karen Buck, FSME Board Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “FSME Director Application.” No calls, please.
3. Tiny Fellowships Coordinator and Essentials Fellowship Coordinator, 4.0 Schools
4.0 Schools is a community of passionate people building the future of school, one piece at a time. They connect, coach, and invest in people to build schools, learning spaces, and tools with students and families in their local communities. Who wouldn’t want to become a part of that? They are looking for new teammates to take their Essentials and Tiny Fellowships to the next level!
4. Health Program Manager, Propeller
From the New York Times to Time Magazine, Propeller is making waves in the social entrepreneurship space. This position is responsible for managing Propeller’s health sector, including related Impact Accelerator programming, sector convenings, and policy initiatives that reduce or eliminate health disparities for all New Orleanians. The mission of this position is to drive measurable and significant social and economic impact within the field of public health by accelerating entrepreneurs who have solutions to key challenges. This position reports to the Director of Programs and works closely with fellow members of the programmatic team.
5. Food Incubator Manager, Roux Carré , Good Work Network
Roux Carré is a food incubator located in the Central City neighborhood of New Orleans. Established in 2015, it is operated by Good Work Network (GWN), a small business development and technical assistance provider. Roux Carré’s purpose is to help minority food entrepreneurs launch viable culinary enterprises. The Roux Carré Incubator Manager ensures that Roux Carré meets its mission of launching successful women and minority-owned food businesses by providing a fully licensed, approved and equipped commercial kitchen and dining venue. The Manager is responsible for the oversight of the program, and specifically duties as it relates to food programming and commercial kitchen operations. In addition, he/she will provide professional food industry technical assistance designed to improve participants’ business operations, market penetration, profit, and sustainability.
We power organizations to maximize their potential.
Latest posts by trepwise (see all)
- Blake J. Stanfill, Director of Growth, named Money Maker by New Orleans CityBusiness magazine for third consecutive year - December 11, 2020
- Isaac MacDonald, Director of Planning & Impact, selected to 2021 Cohort of New Leaders Council Louisiana - December 9, 2020
- Managing Coronavirus – Organizational & Personal Support - March 23, 2020
- 4 Nonprofit Senior Leadership Positions Available Right Now
- Join the trepwise Team — Associate Role Now Open
- trepwise 2020 gift guide
- Blake J. Stanfill, Director of Growth, named Money Maker by New Orleans CityBusiness magazine for third consecutive year
- Isaac MacDonald, Director of Planning & Impact, selected to 2021 Cohort of New Leaders Council Louisiana