5 Non-Profits Hiring Right Now
Come October, there’s VooDoo Fest, the New Orleans Film Festival, Saints victories left and right, and, as usual, there are job opportunities. This month we are proud to highlight five of our nonprofit partners who are looking to augment their already-great teams.
Looking to use your knowledge and expertise to create sustainable, democratic, and economically-just neighborhoods and communities in New Orleans? Jane Place Neighborhood Sustainability Initiative (JPNSI) is looking for an Executive Director to provide vision and leadership for the organization’s work.
JPNSI combats discriminatory housing practices and predatory development schemes by creating permanently affordable housing, advancing tenant rights, and upholding equity in housing policy and land use planning. JPNSI’s work is rooted in three core pillars: affordable housing development, advocacy, and community engagement. The ideal Executive Director candidate would bring experience in personnel management, strategic planning, financial management, and affordable housing development, as well as a commitment to JPNSI’s vision and values.
The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization working to drive bold, science-based action to sustain a dynamic Coastal Louisiana through engagement and advocacy. CRCL unites business leaders, scientists, landowners, national and local conservation groups, government agencies, hunters, anglers and a broad spectrum of concerned citizens to advance restoration for the benefit of people and nature.
The Community Engagement Associate will coordinate and engage various aspects of CRCL’s outreach and community activities by connecting people both directly and indirectly in coastal restoration experiences. The position will drive the Community Engagement and Outreach objectives of the organization and to help promote and advocate for the restoration of coastal Louisiana.
Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana provides a large spectrum of social services to our region for children, families, veterans, seniors, and persons living with disabilities, annually serving over 50,000 individuals across 16 parishes.
The Resource Development Director will be responsible for the oversight and successful execution of the Agency’s resource development strategy. The ideal candidate will be an experienced relationship builder who is able to manage details as well as develop big-picture strategies for donor cultivation.
4. Multiple Positions, Propeller
A close partner of trepwise, Propeller is a nonprofit that grows and supports entrepreneurs to tackle social and environmental disparities. Working for a more equitable future, Propeller performs work to support entrepreneurs in the fields of health, education, food, water, and beyond. Propeller is currently hiring for two roles:
- (Senior) Impact Specialist
- The (Senior) Impact Specialist will be responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of evaluation systems, ensuring Propeller can accurately, efficiently, and ethically gather and distribute data.
- Administrative Coordinator
- The Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative assistance to the Senior Leadership and Operations teams across organizational initiatives and functions, including logistics, administration, research, and some progress monitoring support.
5. Multiple Positions, Center for Resilience
The Center for Resilience is an independent non-profit serving children with significant behavioral and/or mental health disabilities. The Center provides a caring, therapeutic milieu with positive behavioral supports, trauma-informed approaches, evidence-based mental health practices, small-group classroom instruction, and therapeutic recreation activities in order to build students’ skills so they can transition back to their home school setting.
We power organizations to maximize their potential.
Latest posts by trepwise (see all)
- Blake J. Stanfill, Director of Growth, named Money Maker by New Orleans CityBusiness magazine for third consecutive year - December 11, 2020
- Isaac MacDonald, Director of Planning & Impact, selected to 2021 Cohort of New Leaders Council Louisiana - December 9, 2020
- Managing Coronavirus – Organizational & Personal Support - March 23, 2020
- 4 Nonprofit Senior Leadership Positions Available Right Now
- Join the trepwise Team — Associate Role Now Open
- trepwise 2020 gift guide
- Blake J. Stanfill, Director of Growth, named Money Maker by New Orleans CityBusiness magazine for third consecutive year
- Isaac MacDonald, Director of Planning & Impact, selected to 2021 Cohort of New Leaders Council Louisiana