Administrative Specialist Role Now Open!
trepwise is hiring for another position! Read on to help us find a great fit…
Title: Administrative Specialist, trepwise
Working at trepwise: At trepwise, we believe that work shouldn’t suck. We work collaboratively, rigorously, and at a fast pace, but we also take the time to reflect, support, appreciate, and celebrate one another on a regular basis. Culture is at the center of everything we do, from supporting clients to define and implement strong cultures within their organizations, to creating ways to better live our values within our own team. Our team is curious and dedicated to honing our craft for the betterment of our clients and ourselves. Our vision and mission align and drive us forward, and we strive to consistently live up to our values: authenticity, community, agility, rigor, and innovation. We are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we invest in opportunities for our team to explore and work to overcome individual and collective biases relating to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and ability. Some of the ways our culture comes to life include:
- Quarterly and annual retreats to assess our strengths and opportunities, and to collectively set the strategy of the firm.
- Discussions and trainings on how to move our firm along the path of becoming an anti-racist organization.
- Routine wellness days with access to services like yoga, massage, etc.
- Incredible benefits, such as unlimited vacation, a philanthropy allowance, and weekly one-on-one lunches.
- Consistent opportunities for internal team coaching and external professional development.
Position Overview: The Administrative Specialist will provide administrative support to the Founder & Managing Director and other firm Directors. This role is responsible for maintaining systems, processes, and policies to ensure that the firm is performing at its best. While directly reporting to the Founder & Managing Director, the Administrative Specialist is expected to assist other members of the firm with administrative and receptionist duties as needed. This role is crucial to the success of the firm’s day to day internal and client-facing operations.
Start Date: February/March 2020
- Greet clients and guests and communicate their arrival to the appropriate trepwise team member(s).
- Coordinate deliveries and receive, sort, and put away mail and packages.
- Field emails and phone calls on the trepwise main line and assign to the proper team member for follow-up.
Facilities & Supply Coordination
- Monitor office supply levels and place orders appropriately.
- Coordinate the ordering and delivery of other items, such as printed materials, client gifts, apparel, as needed by the trepwise team.
- Maintain a clean and organized office environment, ensuring conference rooms and bathrooms are always clean and stocked with supplies.
- Oversee the maintenance of office technology systems, such as internet and phone systems.
- Serve as liaison to the landlord (and other facility vendors) and handle facility upgrades, maintenance, and repairs.
Scheduling & Logistics
- Manage the Founder & Managing Director’s Personal Calendar
- Schedule all internal and external appointments and respond to meeting requests on his behalf.
- Coordinate logistics related to meetings and other events attended by the Managing Director (e.g. document preparation, communication, and logistics).
- Book travel for remote engagements and prospecting trips.
- Support other members of the team as requested.
- Provide administrative, scheduling, and marketing support to the Directors of Growth (Business Development) and Brand & Culture.
- Provide special project support to the Directors of Planning & Impact and Client Experience.
- Support all team members in booking travel for remote engagements and prospecting trips.
- Manage the coordination of team outings and client events.
- Provide support to trepwise team members as requested.
- Maintain corporate insurance policies and help acquire new policies as needed.
- Update and execute (when necessary) the company’s emergency protocols.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in executive administration in a small business, non-profit, or client services organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience OR 5-7 years’ work experience in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Ability to master the firm’s technology systems (e.g. scheduling, timekeeping, payroll) and reinforce the use of systems and tools throughout the firm.
- Proven success in client and team customer service.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. trepwise also has a generous package of progressive and supportive benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, and paid time off.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to Lauren Siegel at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject header: [trepwise Administrative Specialist Application – Full Name]
- In your cover letter, please provide any information useful to help us understand who you are and how you would contribute to our culture, as well as integrated responses to the questions below.
- Why are you passionate about administrative support?
- What do you think will be your greatest strength in this role? In what way, do you think you will need to grow the most to be successful in this role?
- What do you find gives you the most energy in your current work? What drains your energy the most in your current work?
- What are your salary requirements?
- No phone calls or follow-up emails, please. Every application will receive a response at the appropriate time.
- Failure to comply with each of these requirements will disqualify your application from consideration.
trepwise is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We work hard to ensure diverse slates of candidates.
Latest posts by Lauren Siegel (see all)
- trepwise 2020 gift guide - December 14, 2020
- Celebrating Growth: Matt Campbell Promoted to Senior Associate - January 10, 2020
- Administrative Specialist Role Now Open! - January 5, 2020
- 4 Nonprofit Senior Leadership Positions Available Right Now
- Join the trepwise Team — Associate Role Now Open
- trepwise 2020 gift guide
- Blake J. Stanfill, Director of Growth, named Money Maker by New Orleans CityBusiness magazine for third consecutive year
- Isaac MacDonald, Director of Planning & Impact, selected to 2021 Cohort of New Leaders Council Louisiana