Join the trepwise Team – Now Hiring
Title: Associate, trepwise llc
trepwise is a growth consulting firm that powers organizations to maximize their potential. We partner with our clients to identify challenges and opportunities through entrepreneurial thinking and problem solving with a focus on people, planning, and process.
Working with hundreds of organizations across all sectors and industries, our team leverages innovative approaches to create sustained competitive advantage and impact for clients. We extract insights, design strategies, and support implementation to set clients on a pathway to organizational excellence. At trepwise, we believe that every organization can benefit from this approach, which we call entrepreneurial thinking.
Our vision is thriving communities where good ideas spread. Whether it is strengthening institutions that provide essential services to individuals and families, helping to build a robust economy with organizations that are hiring and paying well, or creating opportunities for individuals to access prosperity through starting and growing organizations – it all starts with good ideas.
Working at trepwise:
At trepwise, we believe that work shouldn’t suck. We work collaboratively, rigorously, and at a fast pace, but we also take the time to reflect, support, appreciate, and celebrate one another on a regular basis. Culture is at the center of everything we do, from supporting clients to define and implement strong cultures within their organizations, to creating ways to better live our values within our own team. Our team is curious and dedicated to honing our craft for the betterment of our clients and ourselves. Our vision and mission align and drive us forward, and we strive to consistently live up to our values: authenticity, community, agility, rigor, and innovation. We are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we invest in opportunities for our team to explore and work to overcome individual and collective biases relating to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and ability. Some of the ways our culture comes to life include:
- Quarterly and annual retreats to assess our strengths and opportunities, and to collectively set the strategy of the firm.
- Discussions and trainings on how to move our firm along the path of becoming an anti-racist organization.
- Routine wellness days with access to services like yoga, massage, etc.
- Incredible benefits, such as unlimited vacation, a philanthropy allowance, and weekly one-on-one lunches.
- Consistent opportunities for internal team coaching and external professional development.
Each associate is an essential member of our team. Associates are responsible for simultaneously supporting many client engagements and working with multiple project leads to ensure successful outcomes, deliverables, and relationships with clients. A successful associate will enjoy variety, have an interest in navigating complex business/human challenges, and possess an endless love of learning. Associates must be able to approach projects with flexibility and manage competing priorities, as work can vary from helping a for-profit client develop a multi-year budget and growth plan to supporting a non-profit in setting impact goals and measuring its success. Our associates are instrumental in developing client deliverables and are occasionally required to work evenings and weekends.
Beyond these responsibilities, we aim to enhance our culture with each hire. We encourage individuals to apply who share passion for our vision, mission, and values and enjoy contributing ideas on how we can become stronger as a team.
trepwise delivers services across three areas: people, planning, and process. Our associates function as generalists, and are expected to develop a skillset in these service areas, including:
People: We are a human-centered firm that believes success starts with people. Our work in this area often centers around supporting leaders and teams as they define their ideal culture and building systems like performance reviews, policies for professional growth, and systems of accountability. Our process prioritizes an inclusive approach to ensure success and sustainability. Therefore, we often conduct in-depth discovery by gathering insights from an array of individuals who have ties to the organization. We also coach leaders and boards to overcome roadblocks and ensure that their organizations operate responsibly and successfully.
Planning: During strategic or growth planning we work to align an organization’s stakeholders on long, medium, and short-term goals. This process may last several months to a year and typically includes: building out plans to achieve goals, considering finances and fund development, and branding and marketing.
Process: Great plans poorly implemented get you nowhere. Therefore, it is essential for organizational leaders and boards to have a partner who can guide them as they establish tools, policies, and systems to bring their plans to life. Our process-oriented support includes practices such as operational assessments, process mapping, and developing organizational objectives and key results (OKRs). We work with our clients in a variety of ways to ensure that they are working to achieve their goals each day.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage competing priorities, develop workplans, and keep projects on track.
- Support the development and delivery of client agendas, meeting summaries, reports, memos, presentations, and other materials.
- Use primary and secondary research and visualization tools to synthesize complex sets of quantitative and qualitative information to help solve client challenges.
- Support trepwise Advisors in facilitating client meetings, retreats, and other events.
- Build budgets and multi-year financial models and forecasts to inform for-profit and non-profit planning.
- Support the general management of the firm, including business development and special projects. Contribute to discussions and work related to firm strategy and growth.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ experience OR 3-5 years’ work experience in business, non-profit management, or related field.
- A combination of for-profit and non-profit work experience is preferred.
- The demonstrated ability to collect information, identify opportunities for improvement, and frame strategic solutions to problems.
- Experience presenting in a professional environment.
Start Date: February 2020
Commensurate with experience. trepwise also has a generous package of benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, and unlimited paid time off.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to Lauren Siegel at email@example.com with the following subject header: [trepwise Associate Application – Full Name]
- The application deadline is end of day January 20th, 2020.
- In your cover letter, provide integrated responses to the questions below:
- Why are you passionate about problem-solving for organizations and individuals? What type of support for organizations or individuals would excite you most?
- What do you think is the greatest strength you would bring to this role and why? What do you think is the greatest strength that you would bring to the trepwise team and why?
- How do you hope this opportunity will help you grow personally and professionally?
- What are your salary requirements?
- No phone calls or follow-up emails, please. Every application will receive a response at the appropriate time.
- Only applications that follow all stated instructions will be considered.
trepwise is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, ability, age, or veteran status. We work hard to ensure diverse slates of candidates for openings at our company.
Latest posts by Lauren Siegel (see all)
- Celebrating Growth: Matt Campbell Promoted to Senior Associate - January 10, 2020
- Administrative Specialist Role Now Open! - January 5, 2020
- Join the trepwise Team – Now Hiring - December 20, 2019