Our holistic process toward board development is centered on ensuring governance practices serve the purpose of delivering against your organization’s mission.
For organizations seeking to maximize impact and ensure long-term sustainability, few things are as important as an engaged board with a diverse skillset that can work with the Executive Director to advance organizational goals. Whether you are a start up initiative needing a hands-on working board or an established organization that wants to strategically increase engagement, trepwise has the experience and resources to curate and develop the structure for your Board of Directors to best serve your organization.
While the process will be tailored to fit your needs, our approach to Board Development follows the framework outlined below:
Outlining the vision and goals, assessing the current situation and mapping out the pathway towards success.
- Organizational assessment – key stakeholder consultations and insights
- Current needs and opportunities assessment
- Ideal Board composition and framework development
- Current and potential Board member assessment and evaluation
Helping your organization develop the most appropriate and effective Board.
- Recruitment pitch – requirements for joining the Board and reasons to participate
- Recruitment and vetting of new members
- Visioning and retreat facilitation
- Strategic plan oversight
- Succession planning
Guiding the Board of Directors through its development & advising implementation of best practices.
- Priority and goal setting – working metrics around implementation
- Bylaw and policy assessment
- Agenda and meeting structure frameworks
- Communication protocols
- Technology and efficiency tools
- Impact metric development and capture methods
- Decision making frameworks
- Leadership coaching and development
- Performance management systems