Title: Advisor, trepwise, llc
trepwise is a growth consulting firm that powers organizations to maximize their potential. We partner with our clients to identify challenges and opportunities through entrepreneurial thinking and problem solving with a focus on people, planning, and process.
Working with hundreds of organizations across all sectors and industries, our team leverages innovative approaches to create sustained competitive advantage and impact for clients. We extract insights, design strategies, and support implementation to set clients on a pathway to organizational excellence. At trepwise, we believe that every organization can benefit from this approach, which we call entrepreneurial thinking.
Our vision is thriving communities where good ideas spread. Whether it is strengthening institutions that provide essential services to individuals and families, helping to build a robust economy with organizations that are hiring and paying well, or creating opportunities for individuals to access prosperity through starting and growing organizations – it all starts with good ideas.
Working at trepwise:
At trepwise, we believe that work shouldn’t suck. We work collaboratively, rigorously, and at a fast pace, but we also take the time to reflect, support, appreciate, and celebrate one another on a regular basis. Culture is at the center of everything we do, from supporting clients to define and implement strong cultures within their organizations, to creating ways to better live our values within our own team. Our team is curious and dedicated to honing our craft for the betterment of our clients and ourselves. Our vision and mission align and drive us forward, and we strive to consistently live up to our values: authenticity, community, agility, rigor, and innovation. We are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we invest in opportunities for our team to explore and work to overcome individual and collective biases relating to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and ability. Some of the ways our culture comes to life include:
- Quarterly and annual retreats to assess our strengths and opportunities, and to collectively set the strategy of the firm.
- Discussions and trainings on how to move our firm along the path of becoming an anti-racist organization.
- Routine wellness days with access to services like yoga, massage, etc.
- Incredible benefits, such as unlimited vacation, a philanthropy allowance, and weekly one-on-one lunches.
- Consistent opportunities for internal team coaching and external professional development.
Position Overview: Advisors are responsible for leading and managing all facets of client engagements and ensuring we meet and exceed client expectations. Work can vary from helping a client develop a multi-year strategic plan, to facilitating diverse groups of organizational leaders to tackle social challenges, to helping a for-profit leadership team refresh their organizational culture.
Our advisors are client and firm leaders who can apply a diverse set of professional and lived experiences to the betterment of organizations in our growing portfolio. Advisors set client strategy, build trust with the client team, and oversee the tasks and deadlines of internal team members. Our teams are highly collaborative and cross-functional, meaning that advisors are expected to work on a wide array of projects, depending on their expertise and client need. Advisors are also expected to uphold trepwise values and practices in their work and must be comfortable thinking at a high level and coaching clients and other team members in implementing on-the-ground solutions. Advisors are required to have demonstrated expertise in non-profit and/or business management, including, but not limited to, skills in organizational structure and culture, operations, and finance. Client engagements vary in size and duration, but typical engagements may last several months to over a year. trepwise team members are occasionally required to work evenings and weekends.
Beyond these responsibilities, we aim to enhance our culture with each hire. We encourage individuals to apply who share passion for our vision, mission, and values and enjoy contributing ideas on how we can become stronger as a team.
trepwise provides consulting services in congruence with our three core approaches. Advisors function as generalists, and are expected to achieve mastery of our approach overtime:
Putting People First: Grounded in Design Thinking methodology, we use a people-centered approach in all we do. Our discovery process allows us to gain insights from an organization’s customers, team members, partners, and leaders and develop strategies with those end-users in mind. We work closely with our client teams throughout the engagement to build a process and solutions that uniquely serve the needs of their people.
Designing for Clarity: We approach complex problems with intention and focus. From the start, we guide our clients in pinpointing the root of the problem, rather than just the symptoms. Throughout our engagements, we distill complex information into what’s most important, thereby informing client decisions and communications with their stakeholders.
Creating Lasting Change: Focusing on implementation and results, we not only provide tools and plans for action, but also will coach our clients in the skills and confidence necessary to achieve meaningful goals. Through our inclusive process, we ensure all stakeholders feel invested in the change. The result is an organization with the strength to adapt to changing circumstances and successfully weather any storm that comes their way.
- Strategically own the client process and identification of challenges and opportunities using analytical frameworks, best practices, and innovative approaches.
- Manage engagements through the creation of project workplans, ownership of client and engagement team meetings, and monitoring and evaluation of project budgets.
- Lead in the development and delivery of client agendas, reports, presentations, and other materials.
- Use research (primary and secondary) and visualization tools to synthesize complex sets of quantitative and qualitative information to help solve client challenges.
- Lead the development of budgets and multi-year financial models and forecasts to inform non-profit and for-profit planning.
- Review the work products of other team members for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in the general management of the firm, as requested, including strategic planning, business development support, special projects, and training and professional development of associates.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree and 2-3 years’ experience OR 8+ years’ work experience in nonprofit/business management, management consulting, or related field.
- Experience in creating and leading diverse, effective, and productive teams of mission-aligned individuals.
- The demonstrated ability to collect information, identify opportunities for improvement, and frame a strategic solution to a problem.
- Experience managing the complexity associated with a client-driven consulting practice.
- Experience presenting and facilitating large gatherings of stakeholders.
- Experience managing others (e.g., a project team) required.
$70,000 to $85,000, commensurate with experience. trepwise also has a generous package of benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, and unlimited paid time off.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the following subject header: [tw Associate Application – Full Name – Rolling Recruitment]
- Applications are rolling, and trepwise will reach out when the need to hire should arise.
- In your cover letter, provide integrated responses to the questions below:
- Why are you passionate about problem-solving for organizations and individuals? What type of support for organizations or individuals is most fulfilling for you?
- What do you think is the greatest strength you would bring to this role and why? What do you think is the greatest strength that you would bring to the trepwise team and why?
- How do you hope this opportunity will help fulfill you personally and professionally?
- What are your salary requirements?
- No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
- Only applications that follow all stated instructions will be considered.
trepwise is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, ability, age, or veteran status. We work hard to ensure diverse slates of candidates for openings at our company.