We are strategy consultants — dedicated to unlocking the potential of purpose-driven organizations by aligning people, process, and vision.
Our organizational planning, systems coordination, and facilitated solutions lab experiences provide human-centered roadmaps and strategies for how purpose-driven organizations can transform themselves and drive lasting impact. We lift the experiences and insights of a diverse array of stakeholders into our work with the goal of creating thriving and equitable communities nourished by good ideas.
Since our firm’s founding in 2013, we have expanded rapidly to serve hundreds of clients, ranging from start-ups to state and local governments. We work with purpose-driven organizations across sectors and industries, using innovative approaches to create strategies and plans through the lens of fostering a more equitable and justice-filled world. While we serve communities across the country, we stay committed to our roots. We’re based in New Orleans, a city known for boldness and creativity. We bring this spirit of innovation to every relationship. We value Humanity, Authenticity, Collaboration, Curiosity, Agility, and Rigor.
Working at Trepwise
At Trepwise we believe in people. We work collaboratively, rigorously, and at a fast pace, but also take the time to reflect, support, appreciate, and celebrate one another on a regular basis. Fostering a better, more human-centered workplace culture is at the core of everything we do, from supporting clients to define and implement strong cultures within their organizations, to creating ways to better live our values within our own team. We are aligned and driven by our vision and mission, and we strive to consistently live up to our values. We are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and we invest in opportunities for our team to explore and work to overcome individual and collective biases relating to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and ability. Some of the ways our culture comes to life include:
- Quarterly and annual firm planning retreats.
- Ongoing training and discussion on becoming a more equitable and anti-racist organization.
- Pro bono projects to support impactful organizations at little to no cost to them.
- Employee-led committees focused on strengthening the company from the inside out.
- Consistent opportunities for internal team coaching and external professional development.
- Outstanding and competitive benefits, such as unlimited vacation, generous stipend for health, dental, and vision insurance, a philanthropy allowance, and paid weekly one-on-one lunches.
- Hybrid work environment with a flexible in-person office neighboring a new coworking space.
Advisors are responsible for leading and managing all facets of client engagements and ensuring we meet and exceed client expectations.
As a new Advisor you’d be joining an exceptionally dedicated team of leaders. We are motivated to do our best for our team, our clients, and our community. Advisors are responsible for managing client relationships, leading engagement teams, and ensuring we meet and exceed client expectations. Work can vary from designing a multi-year organizational planning process, to facilitating diverse groups of institutions to address social challenges, to providing thought leadership and recommendations around organizational culture change.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Serve as client lead on small, medium, and large engagements
- Set and own the strategy and story of the client project from beginning to end
- Independently manage a client relationship and address client needs
- Translate complex ideas and themes into client-friendly deliverables
- Manage small and large teams (3+) on projects they lead
- Manage hiccups and challenges proactively and appropriately
- Leverage previous lived experience and context to improve work
- Facilitate small and large gatherings to reach alignment
- Effectively lead strategic thinking in real time
- Set and own facilitation outcomes and run-of-show
- Lead stakeholder conversations and focus groups
- Master basic human-centered design approaches, centering empathy and inclusion
- Meet all deadlines and complete assigned tasks
- Respond to all internal and external communications in a timely manner
- Fluidly prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Manage down to ensure accountability to deadlines and budget
- Effectively delegate work to project teams
- Support client scheduling and follow up
- Independently project manage major engagements
Research, Analysis & Synthesis
- Develop research questions and lead research process on a variety of topics
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data sets to identify themes and trends
- Use tools to visualize qualitative and quantitative data sets to identify themes and trends
- Draft, review & finalize high quality client reports, presentations, and communications
- Guide, review & finalize project work plans, agendas, and meeting summaries
- Design deliverables to be visually appealing
- Build financial models, budgets, and tools to support client planning and implementation
- Partner with firm leadership to cultivate new business
- Own and contribute to internal projects related to equity, culture, strategy, and/or growth
- Represent the firm in the community at events and speaking engagements
- Support colleagues by taking on other tasks as necessary
Beyond these responsibilities, we aim to enhance our culture with each hire. We encourage individuals to apply who share passion for our vision, mission, and values and enjoy contributing ideas on how we can become stronger as a team and as a growing business.
Trepwise team members are occasionally required to work evenings and weekends and may be asked to travel sporadically for client engagements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 5+ years’ experience OR 10+ years’ work experience in nonprofit, public sector or organizational management, management consulting, or related field.
- Experience in creating and leading diverse, effective, and productive teams of mission-aligned individuals.
- The demonstrated ability to collect information, identify opportunities for improvement, and frame a strategic solution to a problem.
- Experience managing the complexity associated with a client-driven consulting practice.
- Experience presenting and facilitating large gatherings of stakeholders.
- Experience managing others (e.g., a project team) required.
- Preferred experience working in or with public sector entities to address social challenges.
- Primary residence within short driving distance to New Orleans or surrounding areas. Relocation funds may be available.
$70,000 to $85,000+, commensurate with experience. Trepwise also has a generous package of benefits, including parental leave, and unlimited paid time off.
How to Apply
- Please upload a cover letter and resume to the hiring form by 11:59PM CST, Sunday, Oct 1st.
- A final candidate will be selected by November 22nd.
- No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
- Only applications that follow all instructions will be considered.
SELECTION PROCESS & CRITERIA
The selection process consists of three rounds: a behavioral interview, a case study work product and presentation, and a final interview with the leadership team. Reference checks (3), a Predictive Index Assessment, and a background check will be conducted for final candidates.
In addition to the areas listed in the job description, candidates will be evaluated on the following:
- Values and mindset alignment
- Demonstrated expertise in sectors Trepwise serves
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) awareness and commitment
- Communication and interpersonal Skills
- Problem-solving, analytical skills, and comfort with multiple workstreams
- Leadership, management, and teamwork skills
Trepwise is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, ability, age, or veteran status. We work hard to ensure diverse slates of candidates for openings at our company.