We are strategy consultants — dedicated to unlocking the potential of purpose-driven organizations by aligning people, process, and vision.
Associates are essential members of the team and are responsible for simultaneously supporting many client engagements and working with multiple project leads to ensure successful outcomes, deliverables, and relationships with clients.
A successful associate will enjoy variety, have an interest in navigating complex business/human challenges, and possess an endless love of learning. Associates must be able to approach projects with flexibility and manage competing priorities, as work can vary from helping a for-profit client develop a multi-year budget and growth plan to supporting a nonprofit in setting impact goals and measuring its success. Our associates are instrumental in developing client deliverables and are occasionally required to work evenings and weekends.
Beyond these responsibilities, we aim to enhance our culture with each hire. We encourage individuals to apply who share passion for our vision, mission, and values and enjoy contributing ideas on how we can become stronger as a team.
Associates function as generalists, and are expected to achieve mastery of our four core approaches over time:
- Put people at the center.
Our discovery process includes partnering with and listening to the people affected by a given issue. We look at every situation with a unique lens, checking biases and maintaining a people-centric, relatable focus. Because we believe good ideas can come from anywhere and anyone.
- Elevate the power of culture.
Interpersonal dynamics and culture determine the impact of teams, organizations, or collaboratives. We facilitate meaningful conversations to identify strengths and gaps to build a foundation for collaboration for years to come. Because we believe that to shape strategy you need to start with culture.
- Model co-creation and responsiveness.
We acknowledge organizations as living systems that are continuously evolving and ripe for transformation. We facilitate like nobody else, bringing stakeholders together to discover, ideate and navigate challenges through fun, engaging processes.
- Zoom out to understand the big picture.
We explore interdependencies and patterns that affect strategy. We shape solutions that are rooted in the specifics of the issue at hand, but contextualize those details within the broader trends, movements, and community needs that shape our lives and our workplaces. Because we believe that solving complex problems requires being human-centered and context aware.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage competing priorities, develop work plans, and keep projects on track.
- Support the development and delivery of client agendas, meeting summaries, reports, memos, presentations, and other materials.
- Use primary and secondary research and visualization tools to synthesize complex sets of quantitative and qualitative information to help solve client challenges.
- Support Trepwise Advisors in facilitating client meetings, retreats, and other events.
- Build budgets and multi-year financial models and forecasts to inform for-profit and non-profit planning.
- Support the general management of the firm, including business development and special projects. Contribute to discussions and work related to firm strategy and growth.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ experience OR 3-5 years’ work experience in business, nonprofit management, or related field.
- A combination of for-profit and nonprofit work experience is preferred.
- The demonstrated ability to collect information, identify opportunities for improvement, and frame strategic solutions to problems.
- Experience presenting in a professional environment.
$45,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience. Trepwise also has a generous package of benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, and unlimited paid time off.
How to Apply
Applications are rolling, and we will reach out when the need to hire should arise.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject header:
[TW Associate Application – Full Name – Rolling Recruitment]
In your cover letter, provide integrated responses to the questions below:
- Why are you passionate about problem-solving for organizations and individuals?
- What type of support for organizations or individuals would excite you most?
- What do you think is the greatest strength you would bring to this role and why?
- What do you think is the greatest strength that you would bring to the Trepwise team and why?
- How do you hope this opportunity will help fulfill you personally and professionally?