2019 – Q2 Jobs Roundup
Spring is one of the most incredible times of year in New Orleans. All those goals postponed until “after Mardi Gras” finally get to see the light of day, and the city swells with opportunity. We’ve rounded up some great job openings in New Orleans, so you can seize the springtime.
1. Business Operations Manager, trepwise
Apply to join our team! Named by New Orleans City Business as the Best Places to Work – Small Business Winner, trepwise is a growth consulting firm that powers organizations to maximize their potential.
Our vision is thriving communities where good ideas spread. Whether it is strengthening institutions that provide essential services to individuals and families, helping to build a robust economy with organizations that are hiring and paying well, or creating opportunities for individuals to access prosperity through starting and growing organizations – it all starts with good ideas.
The Business Operations Manager will support the Managing Director with financial, human resource, and administrative activities for the company. The Business Operations Manager will also support Directors and Advisors with client engagements through copy-editing and research, providing the opportunity to learn about and support for-profit and non-profit organizations from a wide variety of sectors. This role will be integral to the continued growth of our firm through scaling operations to support future strategic decisions.
2. Multiple Positions, Fund 17
Fund 17 is a nonprofit organization with the mission to combat opportunity inequality in the seventeen wards of New Orleans by providing micro-entrepreneurs financial and educational tools for self-empowerment.
- Financial Specialist
- Help entrepreneurs understand their personal and business finances, assist with budgets and projections and provide ongoing support to participants in our Capital Ready program. This is an independent contractor position for May and June 2019, with possible opportunities to continue working with Fund 17 after the close of Capital Ready.
- View a full job description here. Send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
- Business Case Managers
- Provide direct assistance to a rolling portfolio of entrepreneurs in our BenchMarks program. BCMs are key team members at Fund 17 as they help entrepreneurs establish the necessary foundations to grow, including business planning, online marketing, legal registrations and bookkeeping. We accept resumes on a rolling basis for new BCMs. As of March 2019, we are especially looking for online marketing experts.
- Learn more here. Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. YLC Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator, Young Leadership Council
YLC Wednesday at the Square is an annual 10-week free concert series hosted by Young Leadership Council in Lafayette Square each Spring. These concerts attract an average of 6,000 music-lovers from New Orleans and beyond each week and serves as the main fundraiser for YLC’s community service projects.
Young Leadership Council seeks an energetic, results oriented go-getter to recruit and activate more than 1,100 volunteers for their 10 week YLC Wednesday at the Square Concert Series. Each week, YLC Wednesday at the Square is powered by more than 100 volunteers who play critical roles selling food and drink tickets, staffing beer booths, surveying concert attendees, and more. Beyond YLC Wednesday at the Square this person will provide administrative and data management support to YLC’s Membership Program and Committee. The successful person in this role will energize and motivate others while demonstrating excellent problem-solving and logistics skills.
4. Multiple Positions, Bart’s Office
Bart’s Office, Inc. is a full service moving company that specializes in entire office moves including installation, commercial moving, furniture repair, and inventory management. The company’s goal is to provide exceptional services and to assist its customers with the continued success of their business. Bart’s is currently expanding and is seeking talented and dynamic individuals to join them in various positions during this growth phase.
5. Operations Manager, JUMP
Blue Bikes — the JUMP bike sharing operation in New Orleans — launched in December 2017. Since then, JUMP has built a dynamic and talented operations team focused on supporting its riders. Operations are the heart of every JUMP system — ensuring their bikes are maintained and deployed — exactly when and where our customers need them, 24/7/365. The Operations Manager will work with the Senior Operations Manager to help create and implement operational strategies, refine processes, and drive the innovation that will determine the continued success of not only JUMP in New Orleans, but will lay the blueprint for future JUMP systems everywhere.
We power organizations to maximize their potential.
Latest posts by trepwise (see all)
- Local Consulting Firm Continues to Expand with New Hires - July 10, 2019
- Field of Dreams: Leveraging Design Thinking to Manage a Winning Team - June 17, 2019
- trepwise Continues to Grow with Staff Promotion - May 17, 2019
- Local Consulting Firm Continues to Expand with New Hires
- Field of Dreams: Leveraging Design Thinking to Manage a Winning Team
- Art, Culture, & Food for Thought: Questions on the Role of the Arts in Our Economy
- trepwise Continues to Grow with Staff Promotion
- What Do Entrepreneurs and Crawfish Boils Have in Common?